This and that: Madame Croque with a twist

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Madame Croque with a twist

I am a sucker for grilled cheese and ham sandwiches and put an egg and Bechamel Sauce,
You have a Madame Croque.
This recipe I originally found on Isabelle at home  site.
Isabelle is a French Canadian so of course she would know what a Madame Croque was.
I had no idea until I read her post... So head over and check it out.
I have made this couple of times and made it just as Isabelle's recipe told me too.
 
Madame Croque done per  Isabelle at Home's recipe

But the last time I decided to change it a little and make it my own......
So here it is...

Madame Croquet with a Twist

adapted from Isabelle at Home
Makes 2 Sandwiches


1/2 cup bechamel sauce
4 slices of bread  (I used French bread cut thick)
1 tbsp butter
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
4- 6 slices of ham (I used honey ham)
1/8 lb cheese ( I used Tillamook Cheddar Cheese)
onions to taste 
1 avocado sliced
2 eggs - either fried or poached.
fresh parsley to garnish ( I used dried)

To make Bechamel Sauce:
1 tsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp dry mustard 
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste.
Place butter in saucepan and melt, add flour and dry mustard, stir until all mixed.  Turn heat down to medium-low and add milk.  Stirring constantly until comes to a boil and thickens.  Add salt and pepper.  Keep warm until ready to use.  (I did turn mine off and just warmed it when I needed it )

Preparation of sandwich:
Fry or Poach eggs. ~ I don't like runny eggs so mine are well done, make them the way you would like.
While the eggs are cooking.  Butter one side of the 4 slices of bread, this will be the outside of the sandwiches.  To two slices of bread apply dijon mustard and set aside.  Place the other two slices of bread, buttered side down on a panini maker.  Apply one tablespoon of the Bechamel Sauce, then apply 1/2 avocado, onion slices, 2-3 slices of ham and 1/2 of the cheese, cover with the bread that has dijon mustard, butter sided up.  Repeat for second sandwich.  Close cover of panini maker ~ (I didn't close mine completely).  Cook until a nice brown colour.  Remove from panini maker and place on plate. Spread another tablespoon of bechamel sauce on top of sandwich, add egg and garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy.




Ϡ₡✻   Marlys


(¯`´¯)

`*.¸.*✻✿*.¸.* Enjoy your day....`*.¸.*✻✿*.¸.*


6 comments :

  1. Oh My! This looks wonderful. I would have never thought of this combination, but it works!

    Thanks for sharing this great recipe!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Cynthia... and I love this combination.. but I like avocado in any kind of sandwich.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure my husband would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH wow! I love love love avocados. What a great idea and I bet the flavors work super well together! YUMMY! Thanks for trying mine and thanks for your great version! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy. I love avocado, and it is a great addition! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing with us at In and Out of the Kitchen Link Up Party. I still know my husband would love this. Maybe I'll fix it for him one weekend.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.