This and that: Frozen Michigan Sunrise

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Frozen Michigan Sunrise

Have you ever looked at a recipe and said to yourself.... I can do this?  It looks so good and easy to make and then go to make it and it doesn't turn out properly.  That is what happened with this recipe but I made it work.

Frozen Michigan Sunrise

I saw this recipe floating around my personal facebook page but when I went to find where it came from I couldn't find it.  I did have problem with the original recipe as it said only to use 1 tbsp of almond milk.  I did that but needed to use to a lot more liquid to make this. 

Frozen Michigan Sunrise/ This and That  fruit, almond milk


Ingredients:
2 cups frozen fruit - I used a Michigan Fruit Blend from Nature Blessed
approx 1/4 cup Almond Milk - I used Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 tsp Hazelnut Extract
1/4 tsp Orange Extract

Direction:
Place frozen fruit into food processor or blender.  Blend until like soft ice cream.  This is where I had problems, it didn't want to mix properly so I added the almond milk until I got a consistency of soft ice cream.  Add Hazelnut extract and Orange extract and mix well.
At this stage you can eat it as is or place in dish to freeze.  Freeze for 2 -3 hours before serving.


Cook's Note:  This is a perfect dessert to eat that is low in calories and healthy for you.  Now you can have your dessert and eat it too.  


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment :

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.