This and that: Chia Mocha Shakeo Pudding

Monday, February 16, 2015

Chia Mocha Shakeo Pudding

I have been trying to eat healthier this year.  The program that I have been using is called Beachbody and have been doing the 21 Day Fix.  My progress has been slow but I am losing weight and inches and my clothes are starting to feel better.  One thing I have been doing is having Shakeology every day.

I decided to make this recipe so that I could have some chocolate for Valentines.  If you like tapioca this recipe is for you as it tastes like a chocolate tapioca.

Chia Mocha Shakeo Pudding


Ingredients:
1 cup cold pressed coffee (or hot brewed coffee cooled)
1/2 cup almond milk
1 scoop chocolate shakeology
1 tsp anise extract*
2 tbsp chia seeds
non-fat greek yogurt ( I used Dannon Toasted Coconut Vanilla Non-Fat Greek Yogurt)-optional
fruit - optional

Directions:
In blender add coffee, almond milk, chocolate shaeology, anise extract and chia seeds, mix well.
Place in container and place in refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight.
To serve place pudding in dish, add a dollop of yogurt and fruit.

Cooks notes: *if you aren't found of anise, you can use hazelnut, vanilla or another flavour of extract. I think orange would be great too.  To make lactose free don't use yogurt.
As I haven't used any other meal replacement powders but they might work in this recipe too.


I enjoyed having my shakeology this way.  The chia seeds made the shake thick.  I did try putting more chia into the pudding but as I am very much a texture type person I couldn't eat it because of the texture not the taste.  If you don't mind texture add more chia seeds the pudding will be thicker.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.