This and that: Fill the Cookie Jar with Easy Witches Hat

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Fill the Cookie Jar with Easy Witches Hat




An easy Halloween cookie made with oreos and decorated into a witches hat that you can whip up in a snap.






Fill the Cookie Jar ~ Witches Hat Cookies

Once again I am making my cookies for my Fill the Cookie Jar Post at the very last minute... and I mean the last minute.  I did think about what I was going to do early and had a couple of plans but either I just didn't get time or was lazy - I think it was a combination of both.  

Instead of making them early, here I am trying to get them done, pictures taken and my post written as  quickly as possible.  One good thing came out of doing this so quickly is that I can tell you that these cookies can be made at the last minutes - well that is if you have all the ingredients.  You might have a few burnt fingers but you can do it!  


Fill the Cookie Jar with Easy Witches Cookies made with oreo cookies and hershey kisses.

Ingredients:
Oreo Cookies (as many as you need)
Hershey Kisses (same amount as the oreo cookies) 
Chocolate wafers -  (guide is 2 -3 wafers per cookie) - I used green and chocolate wafers
Halloween Sprinkles (optional)
Licorice Pull a Part (optional)

Directions:
Melt chocolate - either use a double boiler or melt in microwave *
Dip oreo into chcolate
Add a Hershey Kiss to the center of each chocolate covered oreo
Use Licorice to wrap around kiss
Add sprinkles
Let cool and enjoy.

*Bakers Note:  I like to use a double boiler to melt my chocolate.  I use a sauce pan filled with water and a glass bowl that just fits into the sauce pan (the bottom of the bowl will just touch the top of the water.  Bring water to a boil and turn down to simmer.  Place chocolate wafers into bowl and let melt.

Fill the Cookie Jar with Easy Witches Cookies made with oreo cookies and hershey kisses.


I used Candy Corn Oreo and Thin Wafer Oreos to make my cookies.  I found that the Thin Wafer Oreos worked better.  I am not the best at dipping my cookies but they work.








Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments :

  1. Cute and easy, plus oreos, kisses and extra chocolate. These cookies are an all around winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marlys, these are sooooooooo adorable, I just love this. They look terrific and this is great to have the kids help to create their own little witch hat. A perfect October/Halloween treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun cookie! From the photo, I was guessing striped shortbread cookies, so I was surprised to see Oreo's! No better surprise than biting into a treat and finding an Oreo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have all the fun stuff in here and it's no bake!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.